|Access This Checklist To Prepare Your Home For Market
Prior to Listing your Home For Sale, it is very important to prepare the home for sale first
. A Home Stager will look at your property through the mind's eye of a Buyer. Research tells us that we have 3-5 minutes to impress and engage the Buyer. And a properly prepared home will give us, the agent and home seller that opportunity to capture that very motivated buyer.
The 1st few weeks that the property is actively listed are the most critical because these are your most motivated buyers. The graphic below shows the relationship of time on market and interest. The longer it sits unsold is the least noticed it becomes. It gets stale.
So what does a Staged Home look like once the Staging process is completed.
- Closets are cleared out so the Buyer has a sense of space confirming there is enough storage
- The high points of the house are showcased and the lesser desirable traits are made less obvious.
- It looks and smells fresh, clean, and bright.
- Furniture is properly placed and repurposed throughout the house to maximize space and entertain the eye.
- Lighting is examined for a nice ambience.
- Artwork, collections. photos, decorative adornments are strategically placed or removed.
- Dated kitchens and Baths get a partial makeover to appear newer and more updated without the expense of a renovation
- Overall, a Properly Staged Home does not need to cost alot. A professional Stager will know just what needs to be done to maximize your hom'e potential to grab the most motivated and excited buyers right from the start.
I work only with the most skillful Home Stagers who have the tools, skills, and eye for the most desirable results.
Keller Williams Realty No. RI
Office: (401) 766-0128
Direct: (401) 651-1138
Fax: (401) 334-2500